Essential Oils

Friday, February 18, 2011

Recipes for Water AND other drinks!

I have never loved drinking water. I have looked for things to flavor my water for a long time.  I even have a very great filter.  (RO).  I have used the flavored drink mix-ins (the ones with stevia), but that gets expensive. So when I first got my Lemon oil I tried it and it worked. Loved it. I now drink tons of water and I am cleansing my body(liver).  Lemon is a quick energizer, it also helps with colds, flu, and respiratory infections. It can improve circulation and is an excellent antibacterial agent. Put it directly on fingernails to strengthen them.
 I make several different drinks. Recipes:
Drink 1:
1 qt of water
2-4 drops of Lemon
Stevia to taste
Lots of  Ice

Drink 2:
1 qt of water
2-4 drops of Lemon
2-4 drops of Orange
1 drop of Peppermint
Stevia and Ice

Drink 3:
1 qt of water
5-8 drops of Slim and Sassy oil
Stevia and Ice

Drink 4:
1 cup of Almond milk
2-4 drops of Orange OR Lemon
Lots of Ice and little Stevia.
Blend Up. Yummy and only 40 calories. If you get the unsweetened Plain kind. So good

Drink 5:
1 cup of water
1 real Orange
3-5 drops of Orange oil
1/3 scoop of Protein Pwd -Vanilla
2 T of plain fat free yogurt
Lots of Ice and Stevia(opt).  Very healthy and satisfying for that afternoon slump. 
Blend Up

Drink 6:
1 cup of almond milk or water
2-4 T of chocolate protein pwd
2 T of Carob pwd or Cocoa pwd
pinch of stevia (opt)
1 small drop of Peppermint Or 2-4 drops of Orange
Lots of Ice  and Blend Up.

Feel free to comment and give recipes. I will try yours and post them. The ideas can be endless.

The cutest thing is that my 3 yr old daughter loves "her drink". She says all the time. "Can I have ice, stevia and that yummy oil in my cup." I am getting my kids to like the slight bitterness of stevia (a natural sweetener from a plant, doesn't raise blood sugar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...